As a company that has a Robotic Process Automation practice, Garnet River often looks at technology as an effective solution to bring efficiency to operations. Why have a human work on mundane, repeatable tasks that a scripted program (robot or bot) can perform with greater speed and accuracy—at any hour of the day or day of the week? Especially when that human can spend that time on more mission critical work?
However, Garnet River also specializes in staffing and staff augmentation. In addition to an uptick in automation in recent years, companies now outsource staffing with greater frequency. And it makes sense. Not only can outsourcing staffing help optimize operations, but it also can improve productivity.
Why outsource staffing?
Outsourced staffing involves contracting a third-party organization to manage various aspects of recruitment, training, and talent management. There are numerous reasons organizations choose to outsource staffing, and the potential benefits are many, including:
- Cost savings. Hiring and maintaining an in-house human resources (HR) department can be expensive, particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). By outsourcing staffing, organizations can minimize the financial burden of recruitment, onboarding, and training. Furthermore, third-party staffing firms often have access to a larger talent pool, allowing them to find the most qualified talent at the most competitive rates. These cost savings can then be redirected toward other critical business functions, such as product development or marketing.
- Efficiency and expertise. Staffing agencies specialize in recruitment and talent management, with a deep understanding of the labor market and various industries. This knowledge enables them to identify top talent and match them with the most suitable roles within an organization. As a result, companies can benefit from a more streamlined hiring process, reduced time-to-fill for vacant positions, and higher quality of candidates.
- Scalability and flexibility. As businesses grow or experience fluctuations in demand, they often require an adaptable workforce to accommodate these changes. Staffing agencies can rapidly scale services and provide additional temporary or permanent staff as needed. This allows organizations to adjust their workforce size in response to evolving business needs without the added pressure of managing hiring and training internally. This may not be possible with an in-house HR department.
- Compliance and risk management. Navigating the complex landscape of labor laws and regulations can be a daunting task for organizations, particularly those operating across multiple jurisdictions. Staffing agencies are well-versed in employment laws and industry-specific regulations, ensuring clients remain compliant and avoid potential legal issues. In addition, agencies can manage background checks, drug testing, and other pre-employment screening processes, further reducing the risk of hiring unsuitable candidates.
- Focus on core business functions. By entrusting recruitment and talent management to a dedicated staffing agency, businesses can allocate more attention to developing their products and services, improving customer relationships, and exploring new market opportunities. This saved time and resources can be redirected toward growth and innovation.
- Access to a global talent pool. As the world becomes increasingly interconnected, organizations are no longer restricted to hiring talent from their local labor market. Staffing agencies can tap into a global talent pool, identifying candidates with diverse skill sets and backgrounds. This global approach to recruitment not only helps organizations fill specialized roles but also promotes a more inclusive and diverse workplace, ultimately contributing to better decision-making and innovation.
Do more with less
For organizations with strong, high performing staffing divisions, RPA can be a great solution when growth stretches capacity. Doing more with less is about being efficient and more productive, and there are different ways to accomplish it. Sometimes, more workers—in house or outsourced—is not the best strategy. For times when it is, outsourcing staffing with an experienced agency partner can help your business access a global talent pool and secure the most suitable candidates for your needs.